1. Eating so much food I thought I was going to explode. I even said the three words I thought would never come out of my mouth:
no. more. tofurky.
2. The box of presents from my dad and Tara because not only did I get pretty much everything I asked for (candy, socks, etc) I also got something I was sure I'd have to buy myself after Christmas ... a Holga camera.
Yeah, sure, it's a toy camera ... but I can't get enough of it.
I've taken 4.5 rolls of film already, trying out all sorts of things that probably are going to look nothing like I think they will.
I think my favorite feature on this thing is the color flash.
I'm sending my first batch of photos to Vancouver to get them developed today because Victoria doesn't have any photo finishing places with a darkroom anymore! Say whaaaat?
I can't wait to see how they turn out!
3. Going to the movies on Christmas day. Too bad we were too full to eat popcorn.
4. Talking to my family on the phone and hearing the Christmas excitement of the little kids (the oldest got a cell phone) and then later in the day hearing my dad spilling a Strongbow everywhere. I miss you guys! haha.
5. After Ryan and I promising not to get each other anything, noticing that Santa brought stuff for both of us the next morning.
6. Giving my cat catnip for the first time. I've had several cats in a row that were indifferent to catnip so I was shocked at Yeti's ... behavior.
7. Cash from my mom. And my work. Ahh, sweet free money. Excellent.
Oh, I'm sure there's more to say but I'm about to get my hair cut into something that I'm actually not embarrassed about for once, so that'll be nice.
One last thing:
No, don't skip it. You should really watch it.
It's my new favorite song. It's by Adriano Celentano, an Italian guy in the '70s who wrote this gibberish to sound like it was English to people who don't speak English.