1. Wordplay. This morning this silly silly joke made me LOL:
2. Freaks and Geeks. Have you ever seen this show? It's kind of like Degrassi but much more true to high school in my opinion. I was home alone all last week and decided to rent the entire season of the show because I heard so much about it when it was on TV. In 1999. (I guess it was cancelled after the first season. Too bad.) Two days later I'm on disc 5 of 6. If nothing else, watch it for all the actors who are now rather famous as teenagers.
3. This Kodachrome film test from 1922. It is so beautiful. Those ladies? Fabulous!
4. Along the same lines? Color photographs from Russia taken between 1909 and 1912. The photographer, Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii "undertook a photographic survey of the Russian Empire with the support of Tsar Nicholas II. He used a specialized camera to capture three black and white images in fairly quick succession, using red, green and blue filters, allowing them to later be recombined and projected with filtered lanterns to show near true color images."
How cool is that? You should really look at these snapshots from 100 years ago. They're amazing. For example:
CLICK HERE FOR MORE, and to see them full sized. DO IT!
5. Charles Bukowski. Crude. Violent. Drunk. Disgusting. Depressing. But you know what? He told the truth, he lived how he wanted, and he never made excuses.
Somebody compiled a list of their top 10 favorite Bukowski Quotes here.
6. Having friends who do tattoos. I love coming to get a 4 hour piece done and feeling so at home at the shop that I can laugh, complain and tell them I have a tummy ache from those tacos we had without feeling the least bit self-conscious. I love that I was walking around with a stencil on my leg and clients were still asking me if they could get a cup of water, and that I didn't feel like a total dork in my cat-hair-covered yoga pants and/or cared what anybody thought. Just comfortable.
P.S. I got a rad tattoo yesterday!
7. MORNING COFFEE. That first sip, when you can literally feel it warming your insides? Heaven. My personal favorite is Kicking Horse coffee. Specifically, "Kick-Ass". The beans are oily and pungent when you grind them up. Perfect!