Thursday, February 3, 2011

Things I Love Thursday


 In which I tell you about cool stuff I found around the internet. 




I mean...look what he does with a boring old moleskine notebook!





(see more here)

Here's some cool drawings of naked ladies...follow the link, I'm trying to keep this blog vaguely SFW-ish. "Sleeping Beauties"

And this is one of my favorites, he calls it "big apple a day, keeps the doctor away".


These sketches are only the beginning of a long list of what he can do. Check him out! 
Vincent Mahe everybody!


This GIF

From here.

This cat.  
The expression.
I can watch this and laugh for hours!


Paper sculptures. Imagine all the care, time, and patience that goes into these works of art.





These are all from PaperNoodle.
You should also look at their Pop-Ups section. It's amazing!



Some of them are so ridiculous. 
And some of them I used to believe!



Photos of women in Afghanistan by Paula Bronstein. 

American Marines


And inside a women's prison.

Images from here and here, all taken by Paula Bronstein.



 I want to watch this entire series. Right now.


"Human Planet is an awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping, heart-stopping landmark series that marvels at mankind's incredible relationship with nature in the world today.

Uniquely in the animal kingdom, humans have managed to adapt and thrive in every environment on Earth. Each episode takes you to the extremes of our planet: the arctic, mountains, oceans, jungles, grasslands, deserts, rivers and even the urban jungle. Here you will meet people who survive by building complex, exciting and often mutually beneficial relationships with their animal neighbours and the hostile elements of the natural world.

Human Planet crews have filmed in around 80 locations, bringing you many stories that have never been told on television before. The team has trekked with HD cameras and state of the art gear to film from the air, from the ground and underwater. The result: a "cinematic experience" created by world-class natural history and documentary camera crews and programme makers."

Ah BBC. I heart you so much sometimes. 


This photo.

I found it here, but I really wish I could find the original source for it.
I bet there's more cool stuff where this came from.

This hilarious letter from the Cleveland Browns to a fan, written in 1974.



All four videos in the "Paranoid" series by Jack Vale.

This is too funny. Basically, he just talks into a cell phone about what the people around him are doing, and they get freaked out by it. Good times.









These "fantastical queens" photos. (Click for larger image.)


See six more here.

6 comments:

  1. Love the Drug Myths. Totally thought a bunch of those were true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that kitty!! My one cat makes that face ALL the time. We call her sketch cat because she looks like The Mob is after her all the time. She was a rescued barn cat... totally incest. Birth defects to prove it. One of her eyes is slightly bigger than the other, she can't meow, she barfs all the time, I wake up gasping for air some nights because she tries to sleep on my throat. She's awesome. All of my cats are slightly damaged haha! I love it. My collection of misfit pets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat is hilarious. I also love the pictures. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That letter made my evening SO MUCH better. And Human Planet looks incredible. That's the kinda series I dream of working on...le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your thursday posts. Every week I find at least one (usually more) list item that is actually interesting or hilarious. Keep it up woman!

    ReplyDelete

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...