Monday, April 4, 2011

Music Monday: White/Rob Zombie


Yes, I am serious. In high school in the mid to late nineties I listened to a lot of White Zombie, and then subsequently Rob Zombie. I also went through a reaaaal goth phase. Black clothes. Black eyeliner. Black nailpolish. Black everything. Let me see if I can find a photo...


Um, well I guess you'll have to take my word for it. I'm the one in the back and I'm wearing a Marilyn Manson 'sweet dreams' era t-shirt. That's my friend Sheena in front of me, also in her goth phase, obviously.

Anyway so we liked music that was kind of cheesy metal-dance music with distorted vocals with songs about monsters. We also liked Rammstein and Prodigy back then, so...yeah. I took this video seriously, because I thought that Rob Zombie was a total babe, there was a cool girl in the band, and I used this video as a guide on how to dress and *ahem* how to dance.

 
I can also remember listening to  AstroCreep 2000, cruising in infinite loops around our small town. Of course, every time More Human Than Human came on, my mom was in the room or something...on the CD there's a lot of sex noises. MORTIFYING.

 
And then Rob Zombie went on to do his own thing...which was worse. But I still liked it. 
 
 
Luckily, the music thing isn't the only thing he does. Rob Zombie directed the movie House of 1000 Corpses which is one of my all-time favorites. It's gory as fuck, creepy, and visually...awesome.  
 

He also directed the sequel, The Devil's Rejects, one of the trailers on Grindhouse, a Halloween remake and tons of other stuff. Check out his imdb page for everything. 
 
 ---
 
I'm being super harsh here, calling him cheesy and stuff...I still have a soft spot in my heart for the guy. AND I just found out that Slayer is touring up in my neck of the woods this summer and Rob Zombie is sharing the headline...guess I'm gonna see him in concert after all these years after all! ;)
 
---
 
 
I think she had a hard time being taken seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...