Saturday, November 19, 2011

lately...

Reading:


I recently finished the book 'The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake' by Aimee Bender...it is really good! I know that the title sounds kind of sappy and lame and all about, I don't know, a woebegotten family who reconciles their differences in the end bla bla bla. Nope. It's about a girl who suddenly can taste the feelings of whoever made her food. And her family is super weird. And in the end it gets pretty creepy actually. Not what I was expecting at all, but in a good way. You should read this book!

I also read Jonathan Safran Foer's book Everything is Illuminated. Um...anybody else find it kind of confusing? I did like it, but found myself asking who was talking and why are they listing 300 different types of sadness or whatever quite often. It painted a real gruesome picture of World War II, and for that I loved the book. I loved the main Ukranian character too, Sasha. He was hilarious. But the weird anachronistic storytelling kind of put me off. 

I've moved on to the Game of Thrones series. I'm about thirty pages in to the first book as I type this and am already so into it! They just found the dire wolf cubs! Ryan and I watched the first season of the show (in two days!) so I kind of know what's going to happen, but as usual the book is better.

Watching: A heck of a lot of Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Rec, New Girl, 2 Broke Girls...basically anything that's hilarious. Oh yeah and of couse The Walking Dead every Sunday.

I watch a lot of TV when it's cold outside because for me, feeling cold is the worst. And I know all you Alberta/rest of Canada people are totally mocking me right now about that but believe me, it gets freakin' cold here too. Imagine it's hovering just above zero, it's grey everywhere, you haven't seen the sun for days, it's raining and the wind is blowing so hard you can't hold an umbrella. I'd take a sunshiney -40 day over that, trust me.

Listening: I've been overplaying The Pixies' Doolittle album lately. What a great freakin' album. I am especially enjoying the song 'tame'.



Eating: Mandarin oranges. I'm going to burn my mouth right off with citric acid.

Laughing at: this picture of me when I was seven years old. It's old news to you who are my friends on the Facebook but come on...I just look like a hipster with buck teeth! That sweater is killin' it.



Looking forward to:the holiday season. It doesn't matter whether or not I believe in Santa, am getting lots of presents or will be spending the day alone crying into my box of chocolates I bought for myself, I ALWAYS love the holidays. I'm gonna watch the hell out of some Christmas specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...