Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things I Love Thursday

Even though they scare me when it's stormy outside, I love the super tall trees in our backyard. We probably have twenty or so around our house. It sure makes for a beautiful view!

I also love...


Wilfredo on ice skates. Too funny.

What guys think of hair down there.

How to throw an ugly party. 

How to make a photo of a bouncing baby. 

Writing tips for someone without a lot of them.

---
Some people I know are going to the Sasquatch music festival this year, and so we've been looking up some of the bands we've never heard of before and found some great music! Check out the Alabama Shakes, they're awesome. Or at least this song is, it's all I know of them so far.


---


Minakani Walls. I especially like the mosaic one.

Dalton Ghetti's pencil sculptures. 

Her and what we should do about her. 

Chris Cornell singing I Will Always Love You. (video) I don't even care, I love his voice. 

These amazing photos of a country doctor in the 1940s.

This totally creepy short film. 
 ---
 The second Gypsy Gentleman video, about Austin Texas.

Bah, add Austin to the places I want to go list.
---

How to calculate a dog's age in years.

This great use of Pintrest - a guide to Austin, Texas.

This church in Belgium, decorated for the festival lumiere de cagna. 

Seven tips for getting yourself to bed on time.  

Dan Savage on The Price of Admission. Great relationship advice. (video)

This cave full of giant crystals. 

---

This crazy multiple exposure photo taken by Korean photographer Ho-Yeol Ryu at the Hanover Airport. Even if it maybe isn't real, it's still very striking.

---



What foreign words are difficult to translate into English

On defriending people in these Facebook-connected times. Believe me, I've tried.

I love that Rachael just bought a wedding dress...hahaha.

Suzanna's silver tone polaroid pictures from Morocco. 

Izabelle's tattoo tuesday interview. And what she had to say about putting photos of her tattoos on the internet. Interesting.

This is the cutest video I've ever seen in my life. Somebody bring me four lion cubs right now. 


And last but not least...

HEAVY METAL QUILTS!!! by Mister Ben Venom.


"I'm interested in juxtaposing traditional handmade crafts with one of the more extreme musical genres, Heavy Metal. My work can be described as a collision of Iron Maiden Metal ballads with the outrageous stage antics of Ozzy Osbourne. Serious, yet attempting to take on a B movie Horror film style where even the beasts of Metal need a warm blanket to sleep with. The question remains… Can I play with madness?"




The hand pillows? The full sized quilts? Just yes.
(found via Bizness is Casual)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...