Sunday, March 18, 2012

diptych: torcid



Funny story about the title of this blog post. I thought to myself "what's a good word for twisted up branches?" and the word "torcid" jumped to mind. And then I thought about it for a second, and decided to Google it to make sure it's really a word. No. Nothing came up.

So I went to dictionary.com and typed it in there. Nope. Torrid came up but not torcid. But I felt sure that this word exists somewhere. So I Googled it again. And scrolled down a bit. And found the word 'torcido' in Spanish, which means...you guessed it...TWISTED, bent or crooked! I had that little gem stored somewhere deep down in my lexicon and pulled it out through the English channel rather than the Spanish one. Total anglicization. Brains are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...