Tuesday, March 6, 2012

so tagged. so so tagged.

Memes, huh? Have any of you been tagged in the 11 things meme yet? As far as I know, I've been tagged six times to do that one. I love that people are specifically choosing me out of their list of friends, and I'm sorry I haven't responded with my own until now. It's not that I'm ignoring you guys ... it's not you, it's me!

I have done the entire thing and then deleted it immediately. Twice. That's a lot of work! I just have so much fun answering the silly questions, but when I read it over before posting I feel all weird and ashamed of myself.

Memes are my entire-chocolate-cake-in-the-middle-of-the-night. Memes are my drunk-dialing-the-ex-girlfriend-in-the-middle-of-the-night-and-crying-because-she-won't-let-you-talk-to-the-cat. Memes are my sending-nude-photos-via-text-message-to-some-guy-you-barely-know-who-you-never-hear-from-again.

What is it about memes that makes me feel like I'm fourteen again? Like my mom's going to ground me for being five minutes late from hanging out with my meme? Or for lying about going to my meme's house when I was really at that party in Kent's basement. Ahh fuck it, I'm going to do it. Don't tell my mom, I'm drinking and memeing.

In fact, I'm going to do the eleven things one AND another one I was tagged in...but I am not tagging anybody else because I don't want to spark some kind of grudging feelings of obligation in any of my wonderful blog friends.Not that I have those feelings, but you know...just to be safe, I feel like I offended enough people this week already.


So yup, here we go. Eleven things.

There are five rules to the eleven things meme:
1. Post these rules. Check.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things about you. Alright.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post. Okay.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them. Nope.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them. Nope.



This is a nice webcam picture of me with greasy hair studying last week, and trying out a girly hairstyle all at once. And now for my eleven things. Ahh I'm totally drawing a blank already. 

1. I have terrible eyesight and pay extra to get the super-thin lenses so I don't have to have coke-bottle glasses. Without my glasses or contact lenses I can only see clearly to about a foot in front of my eyes. It's kind of scary to have to depend so heavily on sight-devices. 

2. I hate it when people whistle for no good reason. The only acceptable times to be whistling are when you're trying to get someone's attention, or if there's a really good whistle-able song playing like Home. Or if you're a cool old man who can make bird sounds. Do not just whistle randomly. Especially indoors or on the bus. I will stab you.

3. I am a mustard conoisseuse. (Female conoisseur? haha) Anyway I love all types of mustard, but my all-time favorite comes from Superstore, and is President's Choice brand. It's about three bucks for a jar and is so good. Weird, right? Check it out here. If you want. You probably don't. Never mind.

4. I am in the throes of a fit of wanderlust. It seems like everybody I know is planning some awesome trip. One guy at my work is going to Cuba and another one is going to Colombia. Ryan is planning a huge music festival getaway, a bunch of my internet friends are going everywhere all the time. And here's me...doing nothing. Boo-urns. But I'm starting a second job one day a week in April, and will be putting all the big money from that onto my maxed out credit cards to make room for SOMETHING AWESOME in October that I haven't decided yet. For my thirtieth birthday. So there's that. I have to go somewhere and do something for my thirtieth damn birthday. You know?

5. Some of you already know this, but I am the oldest of seven kids, and am 21 years older than my youngest sister. I have two um...whole? siblings, two half-brothers and two adopted siblings. Our family has a bit of everything. We're interracial, we have step-dads and divorces and huge age gaps. I'm the tattooed daughter, my brother's the traveling one, my sister lives in the town we grew up in and works at the family-owned insurance company (but is cooler and funnier than all of us combined), some of my brothers are total hockey playing jocks (haha)... I love it. I feel like it's made me a better person, having an 'interesting', diverse family. I miss them all so much.

Yup, that's my family in a nutshell. Although one brother is missing from the pictures. I couldn't find a funny one of him.

6. My all-time favorite coffee drink is called a "shot in the dark". It's a cup of coffee with two shots of espresso in it. Trust me, one is more than enough to get you going, haha. 

7. I am really starting to like bluegrass music.

8. I can drive, I know how, I have a license and everything. I'm a good driver, actually. But I haven't really driven in so long I've started to become afraid of it. I've made it a goal of mine to start driving places every once in a while so I don't become one of those crazy scared-to-drive people. I used to do four hours on winter highways in Alberta without batting an eye for goodness sakes. What happened to me?

9. I wish I knew how to paint. 

10. I've got another possible tattoo apointment lined up to get the other knee done. That's right guys, I'm never gonna stop! And NO I am not "going to run out of room" like people keep saying to me. Not for a while, anyway. I'm not even half covered yet. I get all bummed out when people say that to me, it's not very nice.

11. My cat Yeti is very old and Ryan and I have begun making a "when she dies" plan. It sucks especially because she is an indoor-only cat, so she's definitely going to be dead under our bed or something someday. Gross! And sad! I wish she could just run away and die under a bush or whatever like most cats seem to do. Not to sound harsh but really, what would you rather?

And I'm going to answer Dani's questions because she tagged me most recently.

1. Coffee or Tea? Coffee. No contest.

2. If you could live during any time period when would it be and why? In the future where gay people can just be gay together and everybody is brown skinned with brown eyes so racism is a thing of the past and people with tattoos can just get jobs wherever they want. hahaha that's how I imagine the future. 

3. What is your favorite movie? This is something that always changes but right now I'm suuuuper missing Mexico and speaking Spanish so it's Amores Perros. For real, watch it. Here's the trailer. And...did I just find the entire movie on YouTube? I think I did. HERE No subtitles though, sorry. But even if you're a straight up anglophone go rent it, it's so good! Holy shit, here's Y Tu Mama Tambien too! I wonder how long these'll be available for free. Ahhh Gael Garcia Bernal you handsome jerk.

4. Your earliest memory? Being in Mexico when I was three years old. I was carrying some doll furniture my parents had bought me and walking past a swimming pool where someone was tightrope walking to win a bottle of tequila at our resort. It's a very vivid memory! Must have made quite the impression on me. 

5. What do you love to see on blogs? I like it when blogs teach me things, and show me how other people live their lives. I like honesty with a positive outlook. But I also like sarcasm and mean jokes. And aesthetically speaking I like large-format pretty pictures with generally clean-looking blog layouts the best.

6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Oh boy I have no idea. I'm in the midst of trying a few new things so it could go a hundred different directions. I'm pretty sure I'll still be with Ryan though, we're quite the awesome duo. 

7. What is your favorite food? This changes all the time too, right now it's Quinoa. With a capital Q. I don't know why.

8. Who is your favorite celebrity and why? It might be Louis C.K. right now. He's the funniest comedian ever, and has a really great outlook on the world. 

9. Are you a morning or evening person? Morning for sure. I usually get up between 5am-6:30am and I get angry at myself if I sleep in and miss the morning. It's peaceful and after a nice quiet cup of coffee I feel like I can take on the world.

10. Do you still read magazines? If so which ones? Not at all. Well, sometimes I'll look at Tattoo Artist Magazine when I'm at work but that's it. Shh don't tell...I'm not a tattoo artist, I'm not supposed to read it! haha

11. New York or LA? Why? New York seems more up my alley. I've always wanted to go there. I've been to LA and was extremely underwhelmed. New York looks like fun and I really like big cities. 


---

Second meme of the day: I was tagged by Eliza and have to tell you five albums that made a huge impression on me. Hers are really good...mine...well you'll see. I'm not even going to try and justify these picks. But I love each of these albums to this day. Here's a glimpse into teenage Nova's psyche. Click through to go to the band's website.














1. Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar. My mom and I had to have a talk about this album because she wanted to make sure everything was okay with me when she realized what I was listening to. And then a few months later she let me go to a Marilyn Manson concert with my friends. This was my first concert to go to by myself in 1996...so I was fourteen. Awesome.

2. Radiohead - The Bends. I still think the music video for Just is one of the best music videos of all time. When this album came out I super over-listened to it and then ... made up interpretive dance moves to some of the songs and performed them for my friends who just didn't get it. I missed my calling.

3. The Smashing Pumpkins - Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. What an epic double album, hey guys? AMIRITE? I went through a quick crush on Billy Corgan when this album came out. Probably because he's tall. And the music is nice too. I can remember lying on my back on my bed and just listening to this entire album with my eyes closed.

4. Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral. So dark and sexy! '90s Trent Reznor, anybody? Meow! My good friend Tynesha and I read the lyrics to one of the songs out in our English class, and used a super disturbing NIN VHS video I had as a visual aid. Good times. 

5. Tool - Aenima. So good I can't even tell you. Hey does anybody remember the CD case for this Tool album? It was SO COOL! There's got to be a GIF of it somewhere. Let me see...yup!


But I can't find one of the back eyeball which really surprises me! Oh well. 

So there you have it. And yes, I did dress a little goth and hang out with real life heroin junkies at this time. Can you tell? We also watched Hard Core Logo and The Crow 4000000 times the summer before grade twelve. haha


** UPDATE**
My best friend in high school just sent me a link to this video, one of my all-time anthems in high school. Serendipity? She doesn't read this blog so...I think so. More hot Trent Reznor, for those keeping track.





OH MY ...and then I just remembered this video. AAAHHH



No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...