Monday, May 31, 2010

connect the moments

Crazy, I just put two and two together and realized I hung out with the singer of The Smalls once as a teenager. I was just kind of listening to random songs I like on the YouTube instead of doing work, and the face belonging to the voice I know so well brought back a super random memory from high school.



My friend was driving down dusty back roads in central Alberta one summer day. We were with a random guy whose name was Mike. I remembered him all these years because my friend and him were smoking a joint and she was emphatically trying to convince him to get his band to play at some outdoor music festival and he wasn't sure about it. I was just sitting in the back trying to act cool, like I didn't care that this guy was in some band or whatever. And I'm pretty sure I was either deathly hung over or drinking at the time. He was older than us and I think maybe her and him were an item of some kind, but I'm not sure. That was in her terrible drugs 'till you drop phase...I wonder if she would even remember this.

But I do. The scene is really clear in my mind. I even remember somebody saying 'The Smalls' but back then I didn't know who they were and didn't care. I actually only really started liking them in my mid 20s. Which I am still in. That is to say, recently.

I don't know, just felt like sharing. I love it when a moment finally makes sense. It's like "Oh, those THE SMALLS, yeah, I totally know that band.'

Neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...