Friday, April 8, 2011

One of my very first blog entries ever...

I'm taking a page out of Danielle's book here by deciding to "look back" to my blog I had years ago. All the way in 2007, haha. This is my fourth entry ever. It's not bad actually. Not great either.

The first one was a bunch of Jack Handy quotes, the next one was like "I think a spider bit me on my neck" and the other one was like "I'm doing a cleanse, here are the foods I can and can't eat...". This is the first one with some substance.

It's so amateur blog, it's not even funny. I felt like I was tapping a microphone and saying "Is this thing on?" Anyway, here's my fourth blog entry ever.

---

Freak Out

I think I am going to quit myspace. I'm holding on to facebook now because of all the contacts I would lose if I delete my account, plus it makes it so easy to connect with friends.

I am going to try and make this the new "what am i up to" place to look.


Today I was talking to Ryan about how in less than 3 months I will be in Mexico. Me. There. I will actually be there.(NOTE FROM PRESENT DAY ME: I was getting ready to go on a year exchange through the university to Xalapa, Veracruz.) I guess because I have had a few months to think about it, the initial excitement and the spontaneous attitude I would normally have... they faded away. Then I actually forgot I was going. And now the crazy reality of it all is sinking in.I feel like I still have a billion things to do to get ready to go, but its like I am taking one step forward and 2 steps back. Its sneaking up on me so quickly.


I'm sure it will all work out. But right now I am terrified.

Want to know what else is up with me?
ok.
The other day i met chuck palahniuk, one of my favorite writers (for those of you who are asking yourselves "who?" ... he wrote fight club) I'd add a picture but I dont know how to use this thing yet. Ryan and I spent days putting together a "visible man" model for him to sign. It was so exciting for me, he is a great storyteller. I'm going to try to add a couple pictures actually, and we will see what happens.




Currently I am just working at Planet Organic, a grocery store/health food store. I'm a champion deli clerk. Seriously.

I'm living with my brother, my 2 cats Lumplestiltskin and Kersmudgeon Sparkles, and our new roommate Billy. Billy is a Planet Organic customer, and I saw him around UVic quite a bit so we became facebook friends and then when we needed a roommate, he saw the posting and replied. So that is how we came to live with him.


I am really going to give this blog thing a shot, hopefully I dont just lose interest and quit using it. This is supposed to be my way of communicating with everybody when I am far far away. 


---

So what is up with the random capitalization, past me? Also, I sure took a lot of pride in my deli clerk skills, hey? And check out that bare arm on me, totally tattoo-free! Weird! I'm not going to post too many of these look backs, but I think I might add a few of my more awesome ones from other blogs I ran before Might As Rella. If I do recall, I had a few gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...