Friday, June 3, 2011

Les mots Français que bloggers are using wrong and it's driving me folle!


Look, I don't know if this is an American thing, or an ignorance thing or a lazy thing or what, but for the love of Dieu, stop using French words if you don't even know they're French. I go fricking bananas when I see the following:

1. "or derve"
2. "fo pa"
3. "rendevu"
4. "swarey"
5. "walla" I see this one a lot. Are you kidding me?

*for the correct spelling, see the end of this post

I have literally seen all of these written in people's blogs. If you don't see what is wrong with that list, you are an offender. Please, just stop it. I'm not mad at you, I'm just disappointed.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be a meanie, and I'm also not a French expert. (frexpert?) In fact, I can barely speak the language at all. I understand that not everybody had the benefit of being forced to take French classes from grade eight to ten like everyone from my school was. But guess what...I don't use...oh, I don't know...random Swahili words that I don't know how to spell when I blog.

Just...stop it. Especially "walla". I hate "walla".

For the record, it's:

1. hors d'œuvre
2. faux pas
3. rendez-vous
4. soirée
5. voilà

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...