Sunday, December 4, 2011

Peering into shop windows in Fan Tan Alley one spooky night, and a strange story about yesterday.



Something fairly unbelievable happened yesterday while I was on the bus. I feel like "did that really happen or did I see it in a horrible movie?" about it. If you follow me on Twitter you already know, but for the rest of you, let me explain.

I was sitting in a window seat on a crowded bus, and we were stopped at a red light. When I looked out the window I could see a car dealership and a small cross-street. Over the cross-street and car dealership are many many power lines. 

All of a sudden there was a noise I've never heard before. It was SO LOUD but very low, it was something you just know in your guts is a very bad sound. Kind of like a cartoon "ZAP" sound of electricity but I mean...LOUD.

And then half of the people on the bus went "ohhhhhhhhh". And the rest of us went "???"

I thought maybe it was a car accident and looked around but everybody was looking up. The guy sitting behind me also at a window seat said "All those gulls just got zapped...all over the cars!" And I figured it out. Seagulls were sitting on a power line and got electrocuted! It was so strange, it felt really scary somehow. Then the bus started moving again and as we drove away you could see people coming out of buildings with their mouths wide open in O shapes, the way people do when something crazy happens outside your work.

Half an hour later when I got out of the bus, something was on fire. Smoke burned my eyes. I couldn't see what was burning but it smelled terrible. When I got home I googled local news 'til my fingers were tired and found nothing about either incident. 

Strange day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...