Wednesday, May 16, 2012

with a little help from my friends

The other day Ryan sort of randomly decided to record the ('69) Woodstock documentary on our DVR. I was like "why would you record that?" and he talked me into watching a little bit while dinner was cooking. And then we watched the entire four hours, only fast forwarding through that first musician with the horridly long fingernails.

The clothes were awesome, the hippies were really dirty and there were so many drugs. They were doing announcements over the P.A. telling which acid tabs were bad.

I didn't know who about half of the musicians were at a glance, but I recognized their songs. It's really cool to watch these people sing these "oldies" that I have only heard on the car radio while they were in their prime. Because it makes the songs so much more raw and just ... groovy (haha).

I was especially enthralled with Joe Cocker. He is so cool! I never ever would have guessed, while watching the Wonder Years or whatever, that this passionate man in a tucked in tie-dyed shirt (who maybe has a speech impediment?) was singing that song. And his backup singers blew my mind too...because THEY'RE MEN. I wouldn't have believed in a thousand years that men sang that part. Here's the video, I've probably watched it seven times this morning. The best part is from 4:02 to 5:30 if you're in a hurry. And you can laugh at the bald guy on the left if you're so inclined.

Bonus points if you can tell me where to get boots like that. (6:40)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...