Friday, January 29, 2010

why have I not read this before?

I really like the surrealist manifesto. ("Le Manifeste du Surréalisme" André Breton, 1924)

I have always wondered what it is about manifestos that make people crazy enough to read them, memorize them, and carry pocket sized books about them. Now I know, because I sort of feel like this little thing is talking about the way I think and the art I appreciate. It kind of gets me, in a totally hippie existential bill-and-ted "woah" kind of way, know what I'm saying?

"Let us not mince words: the marvelous is always beautiful, anything marvelous is beautiful, in fact only the marvelous is beautiful." (Breton, 1924)

To read the entire thing, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...