Friday, March 11, 2011

Oh Japan.

All these earthquakes. I never comment on huge disasters because it's already being said all over the world: so sorry, we're thinking of you, get well soon...hope that whirlpool works out for you.


I can't imagine what it feels like to have a 6 meter high wall of black sludge destroy everything I ever knew. Terrifying doesn't describe it. No word does. Devastation? No. It's worse.


Imagine being in a building that wasn't built to code in an earthquake. And you're on the fifth floor. Also? It's on fire and there's a tsunami outside. I mean...from afar the photos of burning apartment buildings are touching but really put yourself in there. Desperate, panic, you and your family are going to die. How can we sit here and watch and say "I pray for you." and feel good about ourselves?

Oh, well I also updated my facebook status. You know, solidarity.You go, Japan.

I saw people on tumblr being all like "stop talking about this boring tsunami", and am disgusted with all of you who feel that way. We're sitting here on our asses, comfortable and safe, peering into the private destroyed lives of thousands of people. The least we can do is be compassionate. 

I don't know where I'm going with this. I just feel like I had to say something.

I am in no position to help, but if you are, please do. When these disasters occur, find a reputable place and donate your money. Donate your time, labor and love. I hear the Red Cross does wonders.

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...