Wednesday, May 18, 2011

off the cuff

I started just free-writing today, but three paragraphs later I still hadn't really said anything. I'm in a real writey mood actually. I think today would be a great day novel writing. Yup, I'm one of "those people" who has "a novel I'm working on".

It's really darn difficult to write a book, I don't know if you know this. Ha.

I'm actually not bad at the 'writing' aspect, it's the 'getting to a point' or 'having a theme' thing that's difficult for me. I can just have characters endlessly say witty things and go on adventures or whatever, but ... how does one reel it back in? Wrap it up? There never seems to be a natural ending to anything I start. Do any of you have any advice for me on that? It's really hindering me because I'm constantly over-thinking everything, asking myself whether or not this is going to lead anywhere or if it's just funny, you know?

Anyway, so far today has been really lovely. It's sunny out, but not hot. It's that kind of weather where you can go out in a t-shirt or a sweater, pants or shorts, whatever you want. You won't be too hot or too cold.

We were out of coffee here so I took a short walk to the nearest Serious Coffee, came back, got the dog and took him for a "big" walk. He tires really quickly, so a "big" walk is like twenty minutes. It was nice and leisurely though, with me sipping my coffee, and him trotting along and occasionally sniffing a fire hydrant or whatever dogs do.

When we were almost home I noticed three birds in a field. One was clearly a baby, and couldn't quite fly, and the other two were feeding it. When they noticed us, they kind of ushered the baby into a clump of grass but it was totally clueless and hopped back out, chirping for more worm bits and opening its mouth wide. I told it maybe it should be more careful because there are cats in the neighborhood who like eating little birdies. It didn't listen though. Stubborn little thing.

And now, here I am with the whole day before me, full of sunshine and creativity! What a perfect Sunday Wednesday so far.

Here are some very random pictures from last week that I don't really know what to do with:

 1. Someone wrote 'ew whore' on the bus stop...it's kind of funny. 2. My most recent library scores. 3. Free exercise bike!

1. Burnout! 2. Don't bonk your head on the bus ceiling. 3. Some kind of flower.


 
1. Flat tire. 2. What are you looking at? 3. My first attempt at making scalloped shorts. Could use some work. :)
Okay. Time to write. Later alligators.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digame entonces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...